in European research projects
funded by the 5th and 6th European Union Framework
Programs (FP5 and FP6):
Participation in National Projects funded by the Research Promotion Foundation (RPF) Cyprus:
|Participation at meetings and conferences|
1. A. Poullikkas, Chris N. Christodoulou and G. Karagiorgis, "Overview on Wind Energy and Available Technologies", accepted for publication TCJST 2005
2. Chris N. Christodoulou, G. Karagiorgis, A. Poullikkas, N. Lymberopoulos and E. Varkaraki, "A Review on Hydrogen Storage Systems", accepted for publication TCJST 2005
3. N. Lymberopoulos, E. Zoulias, E. Varkaraki, E. Kalyvas, Chris N. Christodoulou, G. Karagiorgis, A. Poullikkas and K. Stolzenburg, “Hydrogen as an Alternative Product for Wind Park Developers”, Proceedings of The 4th Mediterranean IEE MedPower’04, November 14-17, 2004, Lemessos, Cyprus
4. Chris N. Christodoulou, G. Karagiorgis, M. Menikou, N. Karagiorgis and A. Poullikkas, “Metal Hydrides and Hydrogen Storage Systems: On-going activities in the island of Cyprus”, Proceedings of the Workshop on “Mapping European Knowledge on Hydrogen Storage, Petten, The Netherlands, 28-29th October 2004
5. Chris N. Christodoulou, G. Karagiorgis, M. Menikou, N. Karagiorgis, A. Poullikkas, N. Lymberopoulos, Elli Varkaraki, E. Zoulias and L. Bozukov, “Hydrogen storage in LaNi5-based metal-hydrides” Proceedings of the 1st National Confrrence on Hydrogen Technologies, September 30-October 2, 2004, Athens-Greece
6. C. N. Christodoulou, G. N. Karagiorgis et.al. “Green hydrogen production, storage and H2 fuel cell electricity production: On – going projects in the Island of Cyprus. Res and RUE for Islands. Sustainable Energy Solutions International Conference: 30 – 31 August 2004 Larnaca Cyprus.
7. K. Stolzenburg, R. Stenberger-Wilckens, E. Varkaraki, N. Lymberopoulos, E. Zoulias, E. Kalyvas, Chris N. Christodoulou and G. Karagiorgis, “Integration of Intermittent Renewable Energy Sources using Hydrogen: System Development and Market Opportunities”, The International German Hydrogen Energy Congress 2004, February 11-12, 2004, Essen-Germany
8. E. Zoulias, N. Lymberopoulos, E. Varkaraki, Chris N. Christodoulou and G. Karagiorgis "A Review on Water Electrolysis", TCJST 4 (2) (2004) 41-71
9. Andreas Poullikkas, Adonis Kellas, Christodoulos N. Christodoulou, George N. Karagiorgis, “Cost-benefit analysis of LOTHECO combined cycle power plants”, TCJST 4(1) (2004) 28-51
10. Chris N. Christodoulou, G. N. Karagiorgis et al., "Integration of Renewable Energy Sources (RES) into isolated energy systems using hydrogen", Proceedings of the 14th World Hydrogen Energy Conference, June 9-13, 2002, Montreal, Canada.
11. G. N. Karagiorgis., G. Georgiou.,“Time Dependent Calculations of the Compressible Extrudate-Swell Flow of a Carreau Fluid”. 4th GRACM Congress on Computational Mechanics. Patra, 27-29 June 2002
12. G. N. Karagiorgis and Demosthenous G.A. “The effect of throttle valve replacement on the refrigeration cycle characteristics”, 2nd WSES/MIUE/HNA International Conference: Mathematics and Computers in Mechanical Engineering MCME 2000, Greece 2000 Conference: Mathematics and Computers in Mechanical Engineering MCME 2000, Greece 2000
13. G. N. Karagiorgis, N.Stosic, I.K.Smith. Scroll Compressor Flow modelling: A Computational Investigation. International Conference on Compressors and Their Systems. City University London Sept 1999
14. Ara Setrakian, George Karagiorgis, Hans Storm, Jan Clinckemaillie, Peter Post and Stefanos Vlachoutsis. Open interface for coupling of industrial simulation codes on parallel systems. International Symposium on Computational Methods for Fluid-Structure Interaction. Trodheim, Norway Feb.1999.
15. G.N.Karagiorgis.Flow modelling of Scroll Compressors and Expanders. Ph.D. Thesis, The City University 1998.
16.G. N. Karagiorgis. Scroll Expander in the Refrigeration cycle, a Retrofit Application. Technical Report/Presentation. City University London November 1996.
17. G.N.Karagiorgis. Two Phase Flow Expanders. Technical Report/Presentation. City University London March 1995.
Contact Information - Mailing Address:
Dr. George Karagiorgis
Last Modified: 22/03/2005 09:30